Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Today I decided to make two recipes I've made before - the Mini Crustless Tofu Quiches from Fatfree Vegan and the Lemon Cornmeal Waffles from Vegan with a Vengeance.

Here's the prep for the quiches. You mix silken tofu with a few other things in the food processor and saute some diced peppers and mushrooms.




You can make these quiches in regular muffin pans but I love an excuse to use my mini muffin pans. I love these mini ice cream scoops for all sorts of batters - I have them in several sizes.



Mini quiche goodness. Every time I make this recipe I regret not doubling or tripling the recipe to have extra to freeze. These would be a terrific high-protein choice for a quick breakfast on the run.




The waffles did not happen due to my old waffle maker deciding to kick the bucket on Easter. Fortunately the batter makes good pancakes as well. The white rabbit is actually a dish sponge holder but I thought he looked cute in the photo.


2 comments:

Heidi S. said...

I really like Ta-Lin too, although I haven't been there in a while. Did you ever go to the original Ta-Lin market before they built this new one? It was like a giant Asian market with narrow aisles crammed full of interesting stuff, like some of the small ones you find around town, but supermarket-sized. The new one is nice but I kind of miss the cheeziness of the old one.

My husband has re-discovered Vitamin Cottage and loves the Greek Gods yogurt they sell (for less than Whole Foods, aka Whole Wallet or Whole Paycheck!)

Heidi S. in Albuquerque

Nanette said...

Heidi, I do remember the old Talin! I was in there one day and every time I tried to grab a bottle of something from shelf it was stuck to the shelf. LOL I have been meaning to try Cafe Trang next door.

Related Posts with Thumbnails