Tuesday, April 7, 2009

INTRODUCTION

I have a long-running knitting blog Knitting in Color but I realized that it is finally time to start a cooking blog as well. I'm currently at work on self-publishing a vegan pizza cookbook with many photos and I am a freelance food writer. I have a cover story in the current issue of Vegetarian Journal about Southwestern Raw Cuisine.


I've written for Vegetarian Times, Food & Wine, Cooking Light, and Health magazine. You can read some of my articles online by clicking on the links in the sidebar. I'm the author of 'Tis the Season: A Vegetarian Christmas Cookbook (Simon & Schuster,1995) and have contributed recipes to a few cookbooks including Hot, Spicy, and Meatless, the Vegan Handbook, and the Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook.

I eat vegan at home and try to eat vegetarian when out and my husband is an omnivore. I love shopping for fun cookware, especially gadgets. I am a supporter of pet rabbit rescue through the House Rabbit Society. I have a 15 year old cat Jack and a fat house rabbit named Bubbles.


We're longtime members of Los Poblanos Organics, a large year-round CSA farm in Albuquerque - their colorful weekly boxes are a highlight of my life. New Mexico is truly foodie heaven!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails