Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Vegan Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies



These wonderful cookies are adapted from a recipe I saw last week on Jae's blog, Domestic Affair. I plan to get her cookbook, Get It Ripe, as soon as Isa Chandra Moskowitz' new book on vegan brunches is available for purchase.

Vegan Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies

Makes about 50 small cookies

2 1/2 c. unbleached flour
2 c. old-fashioned oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. raisins
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Scant 1 c. canola oil (1 cup minus 2 Tbsp.)
1 c. agave nectar (I used the light but either will work)
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix dry ingredients together in bowl. In separate bowl combine wet ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Make rounded 1 tsp balls and drop on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Let cool on baking sheet a minute before removing to tray to cool.

I froze some of these (in an attempt to not eat the entire batch in one day!) and I think they tasted even better after being frozen.







7 comments:

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

Hi! DKM introduced your blog on Facebook and I know her thru our kitties.

These recipes look delish! I have got to make these cookies. Thanks for the homemade veggie stock recipe.

DKM said...

Yum!

Chery said...

Beautiful blog. I love cooking blogs.

Shelley in Idaho said...

These look great! Have you thought of doing a post about some of your favorite gadgets?

Kate said...

This is going to seem like I'm taking part in one of those joke quizzes where you have to answer the question before last but ...

I have some member of the onion family taking over my garden here in the south west of the UK, too.



Kate

Knitting Granny said...

I love Knitting in Color (frequently, I lurk) and now I'm in love with Cooking in Color. Thanks so much for the recipes. I can't wait to try the vegetable stock and the cookies. You are so accomplished!

Nanette said...

Thanks everyone! Shelley yes I will definitely be talking gadgets!

Kate - I will get a photo of my garlic chives. I do like them but they are taking over the entire garden.

Related Posts with Thumbnails