Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Here's our Memorial Day menu in its entirety. The menu includes the pasta salad I posted, my simple baked beans, corn on the cob, chocolate cookies, and some tofu hot dogs.



I also made a few recipe from Isa Chandra Moskowitz' new book Vegan Brunch. DH's favorite was amazingly enough the Italian Feast Sausages seen below. I sauteed them with onions and peppers before serving. In the book Isa says she was inspired by the Italian sausage recipe from Everyday Dish TV HERE.



In addition to the sausages from the book I made the Potato Spinach Squares and the Puttanesca Scramble. I also dipped some strawberries in dark chocolate.




Here's our CSA box for this week. I added a few extra things - strawberries, some New Mexico Valencia peanuts (they're very buttery), peanut butter made from the same peanuts, and some fair trade organic coffee that was roasted locally.




Whenever I get mint in the CSA box I'm inspired to do some Vietnamese Spring Rolls. I will share my recipe soon. I found these adorable mini rice paper wrappers to make teeny tiny spring rolls at Ta Lin Market so I'll use those.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails