Thursday, May 7, 2009

Recipes I've Tried Lately



First here's our CSA haul for the week. This time of year it can be challenging to use up all the greens but I'm going to start freezing some and basing some of our meals around main dish salads. Fortunately I have a pet rabbit who lives to eat.



This is the Pumpkin Sourdough Bread from Beth Hensberger's bread machine book. I thought it needed more sweetener but DH loved it.





These are an adaptation of the Chesapeake Tempeh Cakes from Isa Chandra Moskowitz' blog. I changed a few things to reduce the sodium and didn't make the sauce. I made my own bread crumbs but I need to try them with panko next time. They were really tasty though.




This is a Food Network recipe for a Peanut-Lime Salad Dressing I saw on the Simply Delicioso show. I was really hoping it would work as I'm always looking for more salad dressings but it mainly tasted like really sweet peanut butter. I'm proud to say that is my home grown spinach though - we planted some in the cold frame back in October and it is still going strong. We need to take the cold frame cover off because it is getting too hot in there now.



I made these chocolate chip bars from a recipe on a package of some grain-sweetened chocolate chips. They weren't a success although the chips were quite good.


2 comments:

divakitty said...

I alwas end up making lots of soup & freezing it up so I don't waste the greens... well and Orlando is happy to eat whatever drops from the kitchen counter.

Nanette said...

DKM, I hate wasting greens as well! I will have to get to work making some soup this week as more greens are on their way. Yikes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails