Thursday, May 21, 2009

Soup and CSA Contents

Other than the semolina pasta recipe I posted, my favorite new recipe this month is this delightful soup. It is the Toasted Bread, Bean and Vegetable Soup from Sunset Magazine - their version of a lighter ribollita. I subbed veg. broth for the chicken, used some pretty ruby red chard, and omitted the Parmesan. For the bread cubes I used some sourdough pesto bread I made in the bread machine.






I have to admit feeling a lot of relief when our CSA newsletter this week from Farmer Monte said that the higher temperatures are negatively affecting most of the greens they grow. Our box this week contains tatsoi (look on the lower left) along with Romaine, salad mix, Swiss chard, spinach, and the greens attached to the beets. The collards in our cold frame also need harvesting soon.



Now if you'll excuse me my much anticipated pre-ordered copy of Isa Chandra Moskowitz' Vegan Brunch cookbook just arrived and I'm off to do a massive day of cooking. I adore her books and would buy a book on vegan doorknobs if she wrote it. Best of all her next book (due in November) is on vegan cookies!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails