Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My new favorite bread cookbook

The best $3 I spent this month was to buy a used copy of Flavored Breads: Recipes from Mark Miller's Coyote Cafe. It is out-of-print but is still quite inexpensive on Amazon. I've taken it out from the library but I hadn't used it until I bought my own copy. Below is the pepita-sage-sourdough harvest bread.




My favorite recipe from the book so far is the Caramelized Onion Flatbread - it is a two day bread and the caramelized onions are mixed in the dough rather than put on top.



Although not from the above book here's a basic partial whole wheat bread I make in the food processor.




Lots of fruit this week in our CSA box - DH has already requested a fruit salad with chiles. Farmer Monte says the green below the cantaloupe is tat soi but it looks more like a bok choy to me. Either way it will be delicious in won ton soup.






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails