Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lavender Lemonade



LAVENDER LEMONADE

The first time I had this was at a Middle Eastern restaurant in Durango, Colorado. Adding dried lavender to lemonade turns it a lovely pink color.

Serves 4

4 c. water
1/4 c. dried lavender flowers (get food-grade lavender, here in Albuquerque I buy it in bulk at Vitamin Cottage)
The juice of 4 lemons (about 1 c.)
3/4 c. agave nectar or to taste
Ice
1/4 c. lemon slices for serving

Bring water to a boil. Add lavender and let steep for 5 minutes until it turns a deep pink. Strain. Stir in lemon juice and agave nectar. Serve with ice and lemon slices.





I love when it rains here - this is the view from my front door. The rains are even more welcome today because yesterday we saw a wildfire in the mountains a few miles from our house.




I will return in a week with my recipe for a decadent deep dish pizza.

5 comments:

VeganLisa said...

Thank you for sharing such a perfect summer recipe.
I'm definitely going to give it a try. I even have lavendar in my pantry.

Nanette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nanette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nanette said...

VeganLisa, I hope you enjoy it!

veganverite said...

There is a coffee shop in St. Louis (where I live) that serves lavender lemonade. I was addicted for a while, especially during the hotter months! I tried making it myself at home and it wasn't bad -- I will also try your recipe. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails