Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Quinoa Pasta w/Salsa Verde, Gremolata, and Tomatoes







I made Michael Chiarello's Quinoa Pasta with Salsa Verde, Gremolata, and Tomatoes for viewing tonight's season finale of Top Chef Masters. He won the vegan/soy-free/gluten-free challenge with this recipe and I can see why he won. Although the Rick Bayless tamales were earthy and comforting, this dish is bolder and more complex.

I also made this Grilled Homemade Flatbread as an accompaniment and we're going to have donut peaches and strawberries from our CSA for dessert.






Here are the ingredients I found for the dish - the crackers were the only plain gluten-free crackers I could find at Whole Foods and as I suspected there doesn't seem to be a single cornichon in all of New Mexico. I used the smallest dill pickles I could find at Whole Foods instead for the salsa verde.




I am seriously in love with his gremolata topping and need to keep a quantity around at all times to jazz up Italian meals.




Not to be forgotten, I also made a Chef Hubert Keller recipe from his web site which I'll show you next.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

This looks incredible and I love quinoa pasta. (Have you seen Mary's Gone Crackers at Whole Fpoods? They're gluten-free and I think they taste really great.)

Jody said...

That is some awesome looking, (not) pasta. Nice pictures as well!

Nanette said...

Andrea, I will look for that brand. I was trying to find something without much of a flavor for the recipe but they were pretty tasty.

Nanette said...

Thanks Jody - the quinoa pasta had a bit of corn in it as well so it had a golden color.

Related Posts with Thumbnails