Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More Deborah Madison Recipes

I am still working my way through the excellent Vegetarian Suppers from Deborah Madison's Kitchen.

For yesterday, I made the Labor Day spaghetti full of yellow peppers (I used a red one also), grape tomatoes, capers, olives, red onions, and parsley.



I seriously loved the Black Beans with Yellow Rice. I didn't have two cans of black beans so I subbed a can of pintos. The coconut milk and lime braised beans with the saffron rice makes for such a pretty dish.



Here are the Brown Rice-Mushroom veggie burgers full of cashews and pecans topped with some of the leftover pickled red onions from the black bean dish.





4 comments:

Andrea said...

All of these look great but the spaghetti is just spectacular. It's filled with things I love.

Maria Killam said...

Wow stunning site and I love your header!! Thanks for your comment on my blog, I better become a follower of such a gorgeous blog :)

Nanette said...

Andrea, the spaghetti was great! I need to try the other pasta recipes from that book.

Nanette said...

Maria, thanks for your kind words. Your blog has long been color inspiration for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails