Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Upcoming Cooking Classes

The wonderful Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Public Library system is hosting some free food & cooking classes this fall. I believe you have to sign up beforehand at the library branch location where the class is going to be held.

Fiery Foods with prolific southwestern cookbook author & cooking school owner Jane Butel
this Saturday September 19, 11:30 am, Cherry Hills Library

Breakfast New Mexico Style with author Kathy Barco - restaurant reviews and book signing
this Saturday September 19, 10:30 am, East Mountain Library

Cookies for Teens - learn how to make– Oatmeal Raisin, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip Cookies along with Brownies and a Healthy No Bake Snack.
October 22, 3:30 pm, South Broadway Library

Appetizers for Holiday Entertaining with popular local cooking instructor Gilda Latzky
Saturday October 17 at 2 pm, East Mountain Library




A girlfriend gave me about 10 lbs of pears so I'm busy figuring out how to use them up. Above is a simple salad of pears, grapes, and celery.



I also made the Pear-Cardamom Pudding from the cookbook Extraveganza.




This is the Kemp's Creamy Creamless Corn Chowder from Gourmet magazine - this delicious soup gets it red color from ancho chiles.

1 comment:

KAnn said...

Some very interesting stuff at your library! I have a couple of Jane Butel's books. The food looks lovely...I am not as fond of pears as other fruits-it's a texture thing, I think. But if they are crisp and fresh they are are delightful. This is a local vegan cooking school that I recently discovered: http://www.vegancooks.com/classes.htm

I am hoping to take a class or two before the holidays.

Related Posts with Thumbnails