Wednesday, October 21, 2009

More CSA Goodness



Here is this week's colorful CSA box. Farmer Monte reports that the CSA members emailed him and voted to limit the number of weeks we receive eggplant, turnips, arugula, and basil next summer. Basil? I can't believe people think there is such a thing as too much fresh organic local basil. For some reason Italian cuisine really isn't as popular here in NM as it is in other parts of the U.S. I may try making salsa with those green tomatoes.



Here's the Pumpkin Ziti w/Caramelized Onions from Veganomicon before the sage breadcrumb topping was added. Our local grocery store was out of cashews for the cashew ricotta so I subbed macadamia nuts and I liked it even better.




Grilled Vegetable Wraps with Chipotle Mayonnaise - another delicious dish from my continuing efforts to cook through the non-dairy recipes in Vegetarian Suppers from Deborah Madison's Kitchen. I love the emphasis on vegetables in all of her recipes as they are my favorite foods.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I could live with less eggplant, but turnips, arugula and basil? It makes you wonder why people even join a CSA. I always grew EXTRA basil and greens in my garden.

Nanette said...

I completely agree Andrea! I wonder if the people voting against fresh basil had ever paid the high prices for it in the supermarket.

Nanette said...

I completely agree Andrea! I wonder if the people voting against fresh basil had ever paid the high prices for it in the supermarket.

divakitty said...

Too much basil and eggplant? Impossible!

Related Posts with Thumbnails