Sunday, October 25, 2009

Upscale Kitchen Photos from Parade of Homes

Despite my own inadequate rental kitchen, I love to keep up on current kitchen trends. Some day I just know I'll use some of these ideas. Yesterday we went to our local parade of homes to see the best work of New Mexico builders.



This modern kitchen had the most beautiful red granite and I really loved the mix of light and dark cabinets. Unfortunately there was not a straight path from the refrigerator (located on the right outside of the photo) to the stove; actually most of the kitchens I saw did not have a traditional work triangle. I think the higher island section for eating is attractive but it also cut down on the amount of space for food prep. I actually didn't think this kitchen had enough counter space for me although it had plenty of cabinets. Isn't the ceiling gorgeous? (Click on any of the photos to see a larger version.)

This was probably my favorite kitchen especially because it had a window - most of the other kitchens did not. The Wolf range was massive - 6 burners plus a French ring. You can see the warming drawer which every kitchen had - I'd be really surprised if people actually use these. I cook all the time and I doubt I'd even use one regularly - maybe for bread dough rising? The sink was hammered copper which was incredibly beautiful.



This is the same kitchen - the homeowner made all the cabinets out of alder and the floors were travertine. I also liked the open shelving on the far right which could be used to showcase dishes.
This was the only kitchen that did not have a butler's pantry (separate nook with sink and cabinets and shelving) - I guess regular old pantries are out of style.
This kitchen had a lot of warmth (but not enough natural light for me) and I loved the high ceilings (all the kitchens I saw had great high ceilings). I also think I'd prefer more space on either side of the range.



This is the same kitchen as the photo above. One detail I liked about most of the kitchens is that the cabinetry was flush with the top of the refrigerator so it is easier to access.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails