Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Kitchen After Organizing




Here is my kitchen after the 4-week organizing effort (Apartment Therapy's Kitchen Cure).
There have definitely been improvements although I still struggle with finding room for food and appliances. Week One was cleaning out the fridge and pantry which went well. Week Two was getting rid of excess appliances and I only managed to toss a wok ring as I really do use all my beloved appliances and cookware. HERE are the photos from before I did the Kitchen Cure.

Week Three was deep cleaning and for this week I added shelf liner to all the cabinets. This process took forever. Week Four was restocking the pantry which was no problem. As you can see the cabinets are still jam-packed. I did do a special shelf on a cabinet just for my baking supplies so I feel slightly better organized.




One of the the assignments was to add fresh flowers to your kitchen. Since I grow African violets, geraniums, and begonias inside I have flowers already available. Another task was to add something beautiful to your kitchen. My thing of beauty is the brand new white box seen at the bottom right of the following photo. If you cook as much as I do and go without a dishwasher for four years, there truly is nothing so beautiful. I love my new dishwasher!




Here are a few links on organizing your kitchen:










Every year we get a special Thanksgiving box from our wonderful CSA with all the necessary ingredients for a holiday meal. This year's box contains tons of yams, potatoes, celery, onion, carrots, apples, oranges, and mixed fresh herbs. At this time of year most of the produce does come from elsewhere except for the spinach at the top right.

2 comments:

KAnn said...

Great work...I should tackle a similar project! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! I continue to enjoy your blog!

Nanette said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well KAnn!

Related Posts with Thumbnails