Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Christmas Gifts

Here is our Christmas dinner all ready to go in the refrigerator until we returned from Santa Fe on Christmas Eve. I just threw the lasagna in the oven when we got back and there was nothing else to do.



My favorite Christmas gifts are usually kitchen-related. I received some much-needed pasta forks and an incredible measuring spoon set with roosters and sunflowers. I have ogled the spoons every time I shopped at Now We're Cooking (far north Albuquerque off of Academy) so DH finally took pity on me.



My girlfriend Gracie sent me this fun Wusthof bread knife and serving board set. I made some fatfree banana bread from the Esselstyn book to test it out.



                   

And finally the piece de resistance! I have a 2 3/4 quart Le Creuset French Oven in turquoise but I wanted a little larger one. This is 3 1/2 quarts and probably the largest size I can handle with my wimpy arms. I've already used it to make a wonderful smoky white bean soup.

                   

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails