Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Photos




Here are the tamales we made on Thanksgiving - I am still tired! This was the first time I tried using banana leaves for wrappers (ETA: seen at bottom left, under the corn husk ones). I've heard Rick Bayless say they impart a flavor to the tamales but we did a blind taste test and we honestly couldn't tell the difference. I think I'll stick with corn husks because they're cuter.



This is the Eating Well corn, green bean, and olive salad that is so pretty. (Link to recipe in previous blog post.)






Here's the Red Chile Hummus. I thought it was okay - often I just add a liberal amount of Valentina Hot Sauce to hummus which is just as good or better.



Here are a few fun links I found:

Vegan At Heart offers a free email coaching program to help people gradually move to a plant-based diet.

Lorna Sass the pressure cooker queen now has a blog HERE.

These organic vegan chipotle caramels are calling my name.

VegNews has a wonderful looking recipe for decorated gingerbread houses.

HERE is a blog devoted to the Engine 2 Diet, which is a lowfat plant-based diet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

those look like corn husk wrapped tamales in the photo---banana leaves I've seen are usually thick, shiny and dark green

Nanette said...

Hi Anonymous! The banana leaf tamales are on the bottom left in that photo - kind of hard to see. I used the Goya frozen brand of banana leaves from Ta Lin International Market.

lorna sass said...

TX so much for the shout-out on my new PC blog. Your blog is beautiful. Lorna Sass

lorna sass said...

p.s. Let me know if you want a review copy of the revised Short-Cut Vegan and where to send it. Lorna

Nanette said...

Lorna, you have always been my pressure cooking idol! Thanks for commenting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails