Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lunch in Santa Fe

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims of the earthquake in Haiti.



Yesterday DH and I were wandering around Santa Fe discussing what to eat for lunch. A man overheard us and suggested we go for falafel. DH asked him if he goes for falafel at the place in the Design Center but the man suggested a brand new place only open a week called Casablanca. We weren't able to find it (we'll definitely try again another time). Instead we lucked out and ended up trying Louie's Corner Cafe which is a pretty veg-friendly place for breakfast or lunch.  




I ordered the tasty panini sandwich containing roasted red peppers, sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions and basil. They also had a vegan breakfast burrito that looked good and both their red and green chiles are vegetarian.




Ristras for sale




San Miguel Church which was built in the early 1600's.

3 comments:

Chery said...

Your lunch looks good. I love Santa Fe.

Maria Killam said...

i think I've seen your beautiful blog before! thank you for your visit!

KAnn said...

I am late in posting..the photos are just great. I love the San Miguel Church and the ristras are so gorgeous. I haven't been to either restaurant but both sound good. My folks were in Santa Fe this past weekend..I am hoping for an early may trip.

Related Posts with Thumbnails