Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Memorial Day Menu


DH just returned from a trip before Memorial Day so we stayed home and watched baseball. I made the Sicilian Country Bean and Potato Salad from Paola Gavin's Italian Vegetarian Cooking along with jamaica/hibiscus tea with lime and ginger. We had burgers (DH is a carnivore and I had the Masala veggie burgers from Trader Joe's.) and I made corn on the cob using my new favorite method.



I shuck the corn then spray it with vegetable cooking spray and grill it in my cast iron grill pan. (This can cause some smoke and popping but I don't have an outdoor grill any longer.) Then I drizzle it with lime juice and sprinkle on liberal amounts of powdered chiles (usually ancho chiles although chipotles are nice if you like something hotter) and a tiny bit of sea salt.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails