Friday, July 9, 2010

Lots of Cookbooks


I've been meaning to mention some of my new vegetarian cookbooks. If  possible, I buy cookbooks for my Kindle. I like being able to search easily through all my cookbooks for recipes using pineapple for instance and I also like not having a house full of overstuffed bookcases.

KINDLE COOKBOOKS

1. One of my favorite new cookbooks is 30-Minute Vegan by Mark Reinfeld and Jennifer Murray. So far I've made their Coconut-Lime-Banana Bread (seen above) which is seriously good. I had been looking through it and wasn't sure I wanted to buy it but I'm really glad I did. The recipes are heavy on the fruits and veggies which I like a lot.

2. Local Bounty: Vegan Seasonal Produce by Devra Gartenstein is filled with some great ideas to help me use up our CSA produce. Any cookbook with 8 recipes for collard greens is definitely going to come in handy in this house! The Kindle version does have some formatting issues with text sizes but I've also transferred the book to my laptop where it is easier to read.

3. The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest For Every Occasion by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. This book is divided into party menus and I was thinking of doing one of her menus for Fourth of July but was too busy. I look forward to trying some of her wonderful pizza recipes very soon.

4. American Vegetarian Cookbook from the Fit for Life Kitchen by Marilyn Diamond. I bought this when it was on sale for $2.99 and I think the recipes look good. I need to try her version of cashew whipped cream to go with all the berries we've been purchasing lately.

PRINT COOKBOOKS


1. Viva Vegan: 200 Authentic and Fabulous Recipes for Latin Food Lovers by Terry Hope Romero is a fascinating read. I plan to make a list of interesting ingredients from the book the next time I go to Pro's Ranch Market. I hope to start trying the recipes from the book soon. (It is still a little hot here to spend much time in the kitchen.)

2. Naturally Gourmet by Sandra Houghton is a self-published book to go with the tv show of the same name. It is a plant-based cooking show from the Seventh Day Adventist Hope Channel (Directv's channel 368). The book is large and spiral bound with color photographs of all the recipes. So far I've tried the veggie sandwiches with kalamata olive pesto.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails