Thursday, November 4, 2010

World Series Dinner

I've had the wildest past week involving a surprise houseguest, both DH and I battling the flu, a windstorm so violent it knocked off the wood stove chimney, and of course the exciting World Series. (Well perhaps only exciting if you like baseball and if, like me, you enjoy the pitching duels.) 




Here's a meal I made for baseball viewing - it is heavy on carbs but I also wanted to bake something for breakfast for our houseguest. I made minestrone, a version of my Rosemary-Garlic Pan Rolls (I topped them with some non-dairy mozzarella cheese), salad from our CSA, Isa's Magical Coconut Cookie Bars, and some blueberry muffins.



I'm addicted to pumpkin lately. I made Isa's Pumpkin Ziti (from the book Veganomicon) and the Happy Herbivore's delicious pumpkin oatmeal raisin cookies. Bubbles my pet house rabbit also is quite fond of pumpkin as you can see.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Living in the bay area, I paid close attention to the world series. Except I'm an Oakland A's fan :) Your baseball meal looks delicious!

Bonnie said...

Aww, I love the Rabbit picture! And your meal looks delicious. I'd especially like a bowl of that minestrone right now...

bitt said...

Bubbles is adorable! Did he eat the pumpkin?

Nanette said...

Bitt, I took the pumpkin away from Bubbles right after I took the photo. She would probably eat it but she's a bit plump and is on a strict diet. :)

Nanette said...

Erin, I was personally just glad the Yankees were not in the World Series this year! :) The Giants were really a fun team to watch.

Nanette said...

Thanks Bonnie! I hope to get more photos of Bubbles - she doesn't seem to like having her picture taken unlike my last rabbit Peaches.

Related Posts with Thumbnails