Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Recipes I've Tried Recently

One of my New Year's resolutions was to try to keep better track of recipes I've tried and really liked. Tonight I made the Tofu Foo Yung from Chow Vegan and we loved it. It is definitely going in our regular recipe rotation. The recipe calls for black salt/kala namak (I bought mine at Talin Market; look in the Indian aisle for the Rani brand of spices) which really does add an "eggy" flavor to dishes. I served it with short-grain brown rice and the Chile-Roasted Acorn Squash from Sunset magazine.

Here are some other recent recipes I really liked:

Caesar Chavez Salad Dressing from Isa Chandra Moskowitz' Appetite for Reduction
Tuscan White Beans with Sun-Dried Tomatoes from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's The Vegan Table
Chile-Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes from Eating Well  - I use sambal oelek for the chile-garlic sauce
Roasted Asparagus with Crispy Breadcrumbs from the Kitchen Boss cooking show (I omitted Parmesan)
Sourdough White Sandwich Bread from Baking with Sourdough by Sara Pitzer

We recently tried Budai Gourmet Chinese (off Academy near the Sunflower Market) with friends. Here is a photo of their flowering tea.




Here is the Claypot Tofu which I thought was really good.


3 comments:

Rose said...

Thanks for posting your list of good recipes! I'm definitely going to try the "Egg"Tofu Foo Yung as soon as I get my hands on some of that black salt.

The other recipes sound great too.

KAnn said...

I am so glad you decided to keeep your blog...I just love it. Planning on a trip to Santa Fe in mid-May (with one of my best friends I met at SIU) and cannot wait!

Debra said...

Mmm the tofu looks delicious! :-)

Blessings, Debra
Raw Vegan Diet

Related Posts with Thumbnails