Monday, July 18, 2011

Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread

I still crave homemade bread in the hot desert summers so I came up with this bread machine recipe. It is not excessively sweet and it contains some whole grain flour so I've decided it is a decent enough breakfast choice topped with some natural unsalted peanut butter. I've made both the 1 1/2 lb. and the 2 lb. versions (ingredients for the 2 lb. loaf in parentheses). The loaf in the photos is the 2 lb.



BREAD MACHINE CINNAMON-RAISIN BREAD

I wait to add the raisins until my machine beeps (after the initial kneading) but it still chops them up a bit. I like it this way and I don't get the holes around the raisins you see in other raisin breads. You can even add more cinnamon than listed here - it really isn't strong at all in the finished product.

1 1/8 cups rice milk (1 1/2 cups)
2 Tbsp walnut or canola oil (2 1/2 Tbsp.)
2 cups unbleached flour (3 cups)
1 cup white wheat flour (1 cup)
3 Tbsp. agave nectar (1/4 cup)
1 Tbsp. vital wheat gluten (1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp. gluten)
1 tsp. sea salt (1 1/4 tsp.)
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon (4 tsp.)
2 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast (1 Tbsp.)
1 cup raisins

Place the ingredients except the raisins in the pan according to the order in your manufacturer's instructions. Set crust on medium and program for the basic cycle. Press start - when the machine beeps or after the initial knead, add the raisins.

Immediately remove from pan when baking cycle ends and cool on a wire rack.

2 comments:

JelliDonut said...

I'd forgotten all about my poor bread machine until I read this post. I need to hunt it down--too hot to fire up the oven but I still want bread! This sounds like a yummy recipe.

Nanette said...

JelliDonut, I tend to forget my poor bread machine as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails