Thursday, October 13, 2011

VeganMoFo #10 - Fat-Free & Easy

Not the best photos today but definitely one of the best recipes (the recipe is available HERE). I make this recipe for Berry Cobbler frequently and it does not taste like the usual fat-free baked goods. It is excellent! I've done it in all oat flour, regular whole wheat flour, white flour... really whatever flour I have. I usually use a bag of frozen mixed berries. One time I added some peaches to the berries. (I apologize for the berry juice on the cookbook - how embarrassing!)



Jennifer Raymond's Fat-Free and Easy is one of those all-purpose cookbooks that I refer to often. This one is unavailable in print for a reasonable price unfortunately but it is one of my all-time faves and is still available in Kindle format at least.



I've made many of the recipes including the Chocolate Pudding, Chocolate Torte, Pumpkin-Raisin Cookies, Gingerbread, Berry Cobbler (my favorite from the book obviously), Chili Corn Pie, Quick Chili Beans, Holiday Tofu Roast, Spinach and Bread Pudding, Golden Mushroom Soup, Split Pea Soup, Piquant Dressing, Fatfree Vinaigrette, Raspberry Vinaigrette, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Aztec Salad, Missing Egg Salad, Quick and Easy Brown Bread, and the Cornbread.

I recommend this book to everyone who is trying to get healthy or lose weight, to those who love simple food and to those who are beginner vegan cooks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails