Friday, October 28, 2011

VeganMoFo # 21 - Table for Two

One of the things I hate most in the world is throwing food away. Still, there are times when DH makes a huge quantity of vegetarian chili and we just get sick of it and there is no room in the freezer. That is why I bought Table for Two: Meat- and Dairy-Free Recipes for Two by Joanne Stepaniak. Every recipe in this book is pared down to just a few servings.


I made the Slow-Roasted Broccoli Hoagies with Mustard Dill Sauce. Broccoli, mushrooms, and onions are roasted and spooned on bread along with olives with a simple mayo/Dijon mustard sauce. I liked it but then I usually enjoy unusual sandwiches.



This book includes a nice selection of pantry staples and a list of kid-pleasing recipes. The recipes are basic and delicious with minimal amounts of oil in the baked goods and a few fatfree salad dressings. I've made and like the following recipes from this book: French Toast, Whole Wheat Muffins, Catalina French Dressing, Cheddar Cheeze Soup, Chuckwagon Stew, Cornucopia Oat Burgers, Golden Gravy, Pierogies in a Pot, Cabbage and Pasta Bake (my fave from the book), and the Chili Bean Topping for Grains or Pasta.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails