Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Our Christmas Meal


Here is our Christmas meal - I always make a huge lasagna for Christmas because then I don't have to cook for a few days. I also added a large salad and the dressing I made is the Caesar Chavez Dressing from Appetite for Reduction.




The biggest hit of the menu was Nava Atlas' Smoky Cheddar Cheez from her new book Vegan Holiday Kitchen. I didn't have mesquite seasoning and used liquid smoke. Next time I'll try it the right way as soon as I find the seasoning.



Dessert was simple - I did the Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Happy Herbivore. I didn't use confectioner's sugar (I used agave) which is why my cream cheese icing looks less exciting. Next time I make them I am going to add raisins. Also, I made some simple cookies from the Fuhrman web site - oats, almond butter, dates and coconut made into balls and then filled with fruit-sweetened preserves.

I'll be back this weekend with some New Year's eve appetizer ideas - I think I'm going to do some mini-pizzas along with a hearty salsa with beans from the Chef and the Dietitian.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Your Christmas feast looks so healthy and colorful and cheery! Not to mention tasty! Seasons Greetings!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails