Saturday, March 10, 2012

Some of My Favorite Things

Today I thought I'd put links to some of my current favorite things.

Frontier's Garlic Bread Seasoning is the best! It is a salt-free blend of garlic and spices and I love it on kale chips and baked French fries. Sometimes I even use it for garlic bread.

The documentary Forks Over Knives sells a companion book, Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health ($7.99 on Amazon) with 125 low-fat plant-based recipes from Chef AJ, Mary McDougall, Isa Chandra Moskowitz, and Joanne Stepaniak. I really can't wait to try the Raw Date Power Bars, Zingy Italian White Bean Soup and the Woodstock Peace Salad with Tahini Dressing.

I really love the Invisible Voices blog. It focuses on the farm animals of the Poplar Springs Animal Sanctuary and features some gorgeous photography and great stories.



DH surprised me for Valentine's Day with roses, some gorgeous earrings made by a woman he works from the Laguna Pueblo, and the most romantic thing of all, a San Francisco Giants hat just in time for spring training.

Lion Brand sells these handy Stress Relief Gloves made of spandex/nylon. Last weekend I knit for two days straight with very few interruptions and my hands didn't hurt a bit. I wear them inside out because the seams annoy me and I am not sure how long they will last but they're inexpensive. (Some similar gloves are sold in singles and these are sold as a pair.)

I can't remember which blog I saw this idea on but it is the simplest and most delicious sandwich. DH especially loves it as he is a big BBQ type. Basically you saute an onion, add some thinly sliced portobellos and barbecue sauce. Then top a bun with coleslaw (I use TJ's vegan reduced fat mayo, some onions, agave nectar and shredded cabbage) and the mushroom mixture.

1 comment:

Narayanaswamy S. said...

Please add a search widget.
Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails