Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tofu Crema

I will be blogging less frequently for the next few months as I'm involved in a speed sock knitting competition. I am working on a big blog post for my knitting blog on the 12 or 13 plant-based sock yarn brands I've purchased and I'll make sure to link to that from here in case anyone reading knits or crochets.

TOFU CREMA



I make this recipe very frequently - it is perfect for topping burritos or enchiladas or chimichangas or tacos or tortilla casserole or basically anything Mexican. It is also pretty versatile; I've used various types of tofu for this and you can add powdered chipotles or scallions or substitute lime juice for lemon.

Makes about 1 1/2 cups

12 oz silken tofu (any firmness)
Juice of half a lemon
1/3 cup almond butter
1-2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. agave nectar
1/4 tsp. sea salt or to taste

Puree in a food processor or blender until very smooth. This does thicken a bit in the fridge.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails