Friday, May 25, 2012

Meatless Monday photos

I've been putting some photos on Facebook with our dinners for Meatless Monday and I thought I'd share them here. I try to focus on color for our menus.


Here's a taco salad using the wonderful salt-free low-fat Guiltless Gourmet organic tortilla chips. I made a ancho lime dressing and served it with mango, watermelon, and raspberries.


I made some spring rolls with cucumber, pre-sauteed mushrooms, avocado, scallions and plenty of cilantro and mint. I served them with my favorite dipping sauce - equal parts low-sodium soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. (I saw Jacques Pepin do that on tv and it really is good.) I served them with watermelon slices and this Asian Coleslaw with peanut butter (I omitted the oil) that was really good.



I make tempeh salad quite frequently. I simmer tempeh cubes in a mixture of water, soy sauce, and ground coriander. Then I mix the steamed tempeh with grated carrots, scallions, mustard, and low-fat vegan mayonnaise and serve in a pita.





Finally I made this Tofu Cacciatore recipe from Healthy Girl's Kitchen and served it over brown rice spaghetti. I added some mushrooms and kalamata olives. I served it with a green salad and some thinly sliced zucchini marinated in lemon juice, garlic, and scallions.




2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm impressed by the gorgeous colors of all of your meals. They also seem to be a nice balance of cooked and raw. The taco salad is especially appealing to me.

Nanette said...

Thanks Andrea! Every now and then I make an all-brown meal LOL but usually I go for as colorful as possible.

Related Posts with Thumbnails