Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Herbivore's Strawberry Cupcakes

This weekend I made Happy Herbivore's Strawberry Cupcakes and I really liked them. Actually the only strawberries in the recipe are on top of the icing but I chopped some up and added them to the cupcake batter. For the icing I mixed pomegranate juice concentrate with confectioner's sugar and it was very good.



I also made and liked the Plant-Powered Polenta Pizza from the Forks Over Knives book. The sauce was really good - just roast halved salted tomatoes cut side up along with some whole cloves of garlic and then puree.


Thanks to Andrea at Andrea's Easy Vegan Cooking for the shout-out about this wonderful recipe for homemade deodorant. It really does work so much better than all the expensive stuff at the health food store.

After about a year I think I'm done collecting all the vegan sock yarns I could find. Here is a photo showing most of them although the Cascade Fixation and Wendy Happy did not make the photo. Most of these are available at Yarnmarket. I haven't had a chance to test them all yet but so far my favorites are K1C2's Pediwick, Crystal Palace Panda Cotton, Kollage Luscious, and SMC/Kertzer On Your Toes Bamboo.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails