Sunday, July 29, 2012

British-Inspired Menu

I made a special British meal for viewing the Olympics.


The main dish was the Upside-Down Lentil Shepherd's Pie from Appetite for Reduction. The potato mixture is half cauliflower and the lentil mixture has shiitake mushrooms. I thought it was delicious although next time I'd probably still bake it all together with the potatoes on top the usual way.

I also made the scones from the Happy Herbivore cookbook - instead of blueberries I subbed cherries.


I also made this Traditional Coleslaw Recipe from Britain. Basically it is a bunch of veggies with mayonnaise. I used Trader Joe's low-fat non-dairy mayo. I also included some non-alcoholic beer and some peaches and raspberries.

3 comments:

Cadry said...

How fun that you made a British meal in honor of the Olympics! I've been meaning to make the upside down shepherd's pie from AFR for the longest time. Everything looks delicious!

Blogs said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

petitchef.com

Naomi said...

This is such a cool menu, and it suited your occasion perfectly. I love how you were able to be so creative with this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails